Friday, December 30, 2011

Challenged

I'm reading a book that my mother-in-law purchased for me a couple months back. She's sweet. She was at a conference and felt that she was supposed to buy this book for me, but she's also smart. You don't just buy your daughter-in-law a parenting book . . . that's dangerous. She called me and asked if it was ok. Fortunately for her, I was in the market for a parenting book. She has a good ear to hear the Lord's voice.

Loving Our Kids On Purpose by Danny Silk. He's the Family Life pastor at Bethel Church in Redding, California.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through it and its challenging me and making me kind of cranky. I really, really want to be a great mom, but its really, really hard. How do you express self control when one (or all 4) of your kids is making your blood boil? I never really understood that phrase until becoming a mom.

It's making me cranky because I'm feeling really overwhelmed. Where can I muster up more patience and self control? Then I stop and realize that the enemy is really attacking me. The Lord is so good to provide. He will definitely supply me with all the patience and self control that I need. I don't think its a coincidence that I'm reading this at the exact time Caleb has asked me if we can home school him next year . . . to be continued.




No comments:

Post a Comment