Friday, January 4, 2013

Date Night


I read blogs written by people I don't know. One of my favorites is Young House Love. The couple who writes that blog wrote a book. Then they came to Houston to sign the books. Andrew and I got dressed up (by dressed up, I mean that Andrew put on a shirt that involved a collar and I wore my hair down), hired a sitter and drove into the big city. We waited in line for a couple hours, but it wasn't too bad. We eavesdropped on the conversations of the people in line around us, as we texted each other comments about what they were saying. The store employees passed out hot chocolate and cookies as we waited. After my book was signed, we had us some deliciousness that is Niko Niko's, and we were home by 11:00.

Date nights are important. We try to get one in at least once a month. They help us like each other more and to have conversations that aren't being listened to by our eldest, who we call Ears McGee.

Happy Date Night to you!

xo
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment